Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have been unable to get into my e-mail account last

I have been unable to get into my e-mail account for the last three days. When I type in my account password ***** hit enter, ny computer returns to the original page with the password ***** empty. Please advise.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am a computer illiterate. I cannot answer any of your questions.

That's okay. What's the brand/model of your computer?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Siemens Octigen.

I don't know whether you can connect remotely.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=442a3551-078a-4178-a6e4-47fc91901a8a

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Thank you. Please click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/my3umvy

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No evidence of program.

1. Sorry, this is a Windows computer , not a Mac (Apple) computer right?

2. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?
(For privacy purpose, please do not provide your full email address; please provide only the part after the character @, such as @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.)

3. What is the program you use for email, such as Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), Safari, Outlook, Firefox, Chrome, etc.?

4. After clicking on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/my3umvy

, then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on your keyboard in order to see the Downloads window
, then do you see the Elsinore.ScreenConnect... item?
; If yes, can you open / install / run it?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1) Yes.

2) uk.com.

3) Don't know,

4) Nothing,

So your email address ends with @uk.com right?

Can you press at the same time the two keys Windows and Pause on your keyboard, then let me know your Windows version, such as Windows XP, or Windows 7, etc.?

Please tell me the process how you use your email. For example, you turn on the computer, then open a program icon / name, then you go to your email, etc. Please tell me that program icon / name. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

I don't have keys Windows and Pause on my keyboard,

I open icon Tiscali Broadband

Windows key is the windows logo key near the bottom left of your keyboard. Pause key is located near the upper right corner of your keyboard.

Or click on Start, then click on Control pane, (then open System and Security if available), then open System, then tell me your windows version.

After opening Tiscali Broadband, then do you open anything else to use email or click on anything else to use email?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Found Windows key, but not Pause.

After opening Tiscali Broadband, type in Talktalk and then open My Webmail account,

Click on Start (the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen)
, then click on Control Panel
, (then open System and Security if available)
, then open System, then tell me your windows version.

Do you also see the program called Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon) on your computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows version 2002.
Yes to Internet Explorer,

Please try:

1. Close all programs / windows.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. Open Internet Options.
  4. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  5. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset button.
  6. Click Reset.
  7. Close.
  8. Then check email.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Won't let met reset,

Please restart the computer, then do not open anything yet, but open Internet Options in Control Panel, then click on the Advanced tab, then Reset, Reset. It should let you reset now. Then close, then check email.

Please let me know if there is still issue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am no further forward. Please reply.

Sorry, were you able to reset after restarting?

Who's your internet service provider?

Can you download and install the Firefox browser program at the website below:

http://www.firefox.com/

, then open Firefox program, then go to talktalk / webmail in Firefox and see if your email works fine in Firefox.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm in. Many thanks.

.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.