Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I've bought a new 4k monitor, and my PC isn't recognizing it

Customer Question

I've bought a new 4k monitor, and my PC isn't recognizing it having is DisplayPort plugged in. The monitor is only working with the HDMI cable.
And I need it to work with the Displayport plug since its stuck at 30Hz with HDMI
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
What OS are you using?
The 'Balanced' power setting turns off DisplayPort functionality on Windows 8...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey there, thanks for getting back to me so fast.

I've got windows 8 on this new system. How do I go about changing power settings on a desktop?

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jonathan,
Go to Control Panel by typing it in the Search box, then go to Power Options and click on Change plan settings then Change Advanced Power Settings and you will find it in there.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jonathan!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,

Pete.