Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a new Kindle but when I type in my Wi-Fi password *****

I have a new Kindle but when I type in my Wi-Fi password ***** is not recognised. Please advise me how to get connected. I have BT broadband on my PC. Margot
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
On your actual BT Hub there is a label. On this label you will see either Wireless key or Security Key. This is the password ***** need to input on the Kindle.
Can you put this password ***** and tell me please exactly what happens?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Richard

The wireless key worked and I got access to a few book titles, but hope to learn more, but I am a slow learner.

Margot

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Margot
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello again Richard

My kindle touch is on (green light constant) but I can't get to the home page. All I see is a screen "USB drive mode" and touching everything produces no life at all. How can I get to the home screen please? I have looked on the you tube video but this problem is not addressed, I need expert advise please.

Margot

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks. I am now looking at the instructions ON the Kindle. Lots to learn. You are making it fun which I appreciate as I give-up too quickly.

Margot