Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a kindle paper white which is my second kindle I have

I have a kindle paper white which is my second kindle I have purchased,
recently the paper white is very slow and locks up when trying to turn a page I understand I have had my kindle for quite a few years but would be devasted if I lost any of my books due to problems please can you help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again.Not to worry, however if it doesn't get resolved by the reboot. The books on your kindle are store in your Amazon account and can be downloaded again to a new device. You can also read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the other kindle repaired or replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.
Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle>
Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!