Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Dell OptiPlex 3020 desk top. Frequently I lose the

I have a Dell OptiPlex 3020 desk top. Frequently I lose the full sound when music is played - no bass at all and the sound is 'tinny' and the music sounds as though it is coming from a dustbin.
On occasions this is solved by just switching the computer off and on again, when the normal excellent sound returns. But not recently. Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please when this first started?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Actually since the comp was fairly new - but it was usually fixed and music returned to great quality if I switched the comp off then on again. But I have tried that several times today - no joy.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you download and install the Sound driver for the computer from my link below
http://tinyurl.com/lascdu8
Once installed, restart the computer and tell me if the audio is still having the problem please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thats great. The sound is back to its excellent self. Can you tell me if this new sound driver will be disabled the moment Windows does one of its auto-upgrades?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No it should not be, the updates should not impact it at all.
IT appears you just had a corrupted sound driver which can happen and requires a reinstall which we did.
But here your question never closes, so any issues at all, you can let me know here, this is no problem.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great and fast service Richard. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome