Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

On 18th May I emailed a Kindle Fire problem: I was getting

On 18th May I emailed a Kindle Fire problem: I was getting either short-lived or no result with bbc iplayer/tv and bbc iplayer/radio.
I received a very prompt reply with a list of things I needed to do to restore the apps. I did this and now my Kindle will no longer connect to the internet at all. My IP is a BT Business Hub which has always worked perfectly hitherto. As you can see, my computer is working.
I have replied to the email three times to say that the steps didn't work and asked them to 'phone me, but I have heard nothing, even though they say in the mail I must re-contact them if it doesn't work.
I am really desperate for this to work again: please can you help me?
Marilyn Nagli
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and try to access the internet.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Richard for your prompt response. I have done exactly as instructed - even though I have already tried that about twenty times - and I am getting No Network Connection. When I go to Wireless Settings and Click on my BT BusinessHub-091, it has asked me to put in my password ***** the number on the modem, and as usual it says "obtaining IP address" followed by "Authentication failed." I have NOT made a mistake with the number! This total failute was preceded by a few days of intermittent service.

Marilyn

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Marilyn
To be sure, you are entering in the Wireless Key or Security Key printed on the Label on the Hub correct?
If yes, then on the back of the Hub is a reset button. Using a paperclip and with the Hub powered on, hold the reset button in for 10 seconds, then release.
Once done, repeat my last instructions again and then try to connect the Kindle to the wireless network.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I am ABSOLUTELY certain I am inputting the correct 10 digit number on the back of the Hub.

How could it be the Hub if my computer is working off the same device?

I will wait to hear your reply before I carry out your instructions.

Marilyn

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Because it has a corrupted lease for the Kindle and needs to be cleared.
Its a common cause
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That has been a disaster: Most of the lights on my Hub have gone out and my computer says: "local area connection failed."

Having typed this the lights have returned.

Ethernet, Wireless and Internet are flashing, whilst Power and Broadband are static.

I am able to get the BBC iplayer/TV app and it is working. The BBC iplayer/radio app is NOT working - no connection. However, I have been able to access it via the web, a bit long-winded, but better than nothing, and I can obvioulsy access the internet now.

Thank you very much.

In that this was an intermittent fault at the start of my problems, if it stops working, and I will know later, am I allowed to contact you again tonight please? (Presumably you are on the east coast of the U.S.A.)?

Kind regards,

Marilyn

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It takes some time to restart Marilyn, so thats why you had no connection for some time, thats normal, usually its quick but can take some time.
This was an intermittent fault and it can occur and thats why we did this as it nearly always solves it.
I am located in the Netherlands so ab hour ahead of you but you can contact me at any time, this is no problem as I have marked this question to never close.
I do ask though that now you rate my service. You can do this by clicking one of the stars at the top or smiley faces depending on what you see.
And as I mentioned, any issues at all, please do not hesitate to let me know