Sudipto
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I have been having trouble with Hotmail/Outlook than

Customer Question

I have been having trouble with Hotmail/Outlook for more than a month. The page does not open properly and I am unable to open or send emails. In addition, clicking on anything doesn't work either. As this is my only email account which I have built up over 20 years it is extremely worrying and frustrating when I cannot read my emails.
Please tell me how to fix it. It is an intermittent problem, but is unusable most of the time.
***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Do you know the password ***** your email account ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It should be ONO6B202015

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you try to login to your email account from Internet Explorer, instead of Chrome and let me know the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since it is working now I don't think it will help to login from Internet Explorer. I tend to use Chrome only as Internet Explorer gave me a lot of trouble.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I too agree with that. You can follow the steps to reset chrome in future, if you face this same problem. Please let me know, if you need any further help or do remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way, I am compensated for my time and effort.

Google Chrome has an option that will reset itself to its default settings. To find this option, open Chrome’s menu and select Settings. Perform a search for “reset browser” and you’ll see the Reset browser settings button.

chrome-reset-browser-settings-button

You could also just plug chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings into Chrome’s address bar to pull up this page.

chrome-reset-browser-settings-information

Use this option and Google Chrome will erase almost everything — your extensions, settings, cookies, history, home page, default search engine, and more. Chrome won’t delete your bookmarks or passwords, so your important personal data will be kept.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If Hotmail came back on its own without resetting Chrome (and has always done so before - eventually ) does it need to be reset? I thought it must be a problem with Hotmail/Outlook itself, since nothing has been done at my end to restore it. Just wondering.

I will keep your reply to try your recommendation next time it happens. In all the years I've had Hotmail, I've never had any problem! Maybe I've been lucky! Although the problem resolved itself (as it always does sooner or later) thanks for your info.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
If you face this problem in future, just check hotmail site from Internet Explorer, if the result is same then, the problem is with the site itself, otherwise the problem is with chrome and resetting it, should solve the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I mentioned, Hotmail came back on, on its own, at the beginning of our chat. The next morning it was off, and is STILL off. I tried your suggestion and it didn't work. So the problem isn't resolved.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Did you try to open Hotmail from Internet Explorer ?