Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

Samsung ue55hu7200 Just bought one of the above tv's and having

Customer Question

Samsung ue55hu7200
Just bought one of the above tv's and having a real problem with ghosting to the picture, is there a way to get rid of it ???
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Ghosting, in a TV, may be a problem that is not in the TV itself at all, surprisingly.If the 'ghosting' is a horizontally displaced duplicate of the picture, superimposed upon it, and does not vary in that distance of displacement, then it can be caused by a 'signal delay' induced by signal being reflected off a large slab-sided steel-framed building. If you have any such buildings nearby, that is the probable cause. (I have experience with this, having lived next to just such a building... all TVs operated near it had ghost images on their screens, which were horizontally displaced duplicates of the original image...etc.) Another good indication is, simply, to try another TV, in the same location and with the same signal source, and see if it has ghosting too. Of course, there's another aspect to your question, possibly: If you are not using an antenna (whether analog or digital TV signal, and even with a analog-to-digital 'TV box'), but any sort of signal that comes through a cable... then ghosting is something else and is caused by something else, possibly something you can fix. (Signals through a cable don't care about buildings nearby.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, when I say ghosting it seems to be a dark softening of people's outlines when they make movements, the edges seem to blur.
It doesn't occur with football just all dramas and films from Sky.
I previously had a panasonic plasma which did not have this problem.
OK - that's different from what I first guessed, I think. Is there *any* difference between e.g. the left side of figures, and the right side? more, or less, blurring or softening?Does he edge-softening show more when figures are moving, than when they are still? or more when they are still?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the picture is perfect when people are still it only happens on there movement, it seems to be on both sides when they move but more prominent on the right hand side
There are (on modern TVs) a great many adjustments that can be made in the settings, to make pictures look better (or worse, if wrongly done) depending upon several details and circumstances. In your case, the next question is (assuming it's just a setting or settings that need tweaking):- What signal source are you using (primarily at least) - cable TV, or broadcast through an antenna and/or a 'digital converter box', or satellite TV perhaps, or something else ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have an aerial connected it all goes through the sky box
OK.Is the Sky Box providing HD or UHD signal? (HD stands for High Definition, it's very detailed.) I suggest that you go into the TV's MENU, then into its Settings or Video Settings, and check what Mode it is set to. Film Mode is recommended for video content of the type you would see in a movie, I guess. It might help... and if it isn't already in Film Mode, try changing it to that. There might be other settings to adjust, and as I said modern TVs have an abundance of 'smart settings' that are like theological points... your preference with the result is the ultimate proof of excellence.It is not beyond possibility that your TV is defective from the factory... but, setting changes should be tried, before assuming that, since settings have such a great influence on details of picture quality.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did play about with the settings at first when I was trying to rectify this last week, so I reset the settings, put on movie as you suggested and then turned the black tone off and the dynamic contrast to low and that seems to have worked......!!!!
I'm glad to hear that it works, and that my advice appears to have been spot-on to the problem.

Thank you for making good use of the advisory resources of JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to ask another question, at any time, in any one of our numerous categories.