Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My kindle paperwhite has come up with If you want to read

my kindle paperwhite has come up with
If you want to read or shop on your kindle while continuing to charge over USB. please keep the USB cable attached, but eject the kindle on your computer.
I only plugged it in to charge up and not on the computer it was in my car on the USB port.
Please help as i can not get ris of message and back in to read.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle>
Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that has not worked and tried that when it first happened and have tried again now

okay, that sounds like an issue with the charging cord and adapter. The kindle thinks that it is connected to a computer. Do you have another charge cord that you can try?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

okay, good. Try the other cable and see if it is resolved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no nothing happened and I have tried 2 different ones. I have put the orignal plug back in and light is on now to tell me its charging

okay, the charge port may need cleaning. It sounds like after you plugged and unplugged a few times that it started working properly. The contacts on the charge port can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol and a small brush. When you have a chance try cleaning those with the kindle powered off. You can get a good amount of alcohol in the port when cleaning, then blow it dry . Then wait about 15 minutes to power back on. The remaining alcohol will dissipate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is charging now so will see what happens thank you

Your welcome.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Thank you very much!