Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My password ***** ***** accepted

Customer Question

My password ***** ***** accepted
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What kind of password ***** *****?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't understand 'what kind of password'. What kinds are there ?

I think I have windows

Is it windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, etc.?

Some kinds of passwords: email passwords, Wi-Fi/wireless password, computer's login password, etc.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can't answer the first question, because I have no idea. How would i know ?

I only have one password ***** my knowledge, which I assume is my login password: but I don't normally log out, so never normally use it.

I'm sorry. What's the brand/model of your computer?

What are you trying to access?

Are you communicating with me on the problematic computer? Or on another computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Packard Bell PC

It now realise use windows 7

I can't recall what I was trying to access, but received the message that my password ***** not accepted

I am communicating on the problematic computer, which is the only one I use

I need to know what you are trying to do in order to troubleshoot. What are you trying to accomplish? Can you try and check when / where it asks for the password? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried to use the password ***** have used previously, which I had assumed is capable of being used for all purposes, and don't understand why this, which has been accepted in the past, is now being rejected. Unfortunately I cannot trace or currently recall why I was being asked for my password, only that the one I thought was current was being rejected. Do passwords have a finite life, and if so, what is the correct procedure for me to create a new one for all the purposes for which i might need one?

Are you trying to download / install a program that would ask for a password?

Is your email working?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes my email is working

I am not currently trying to download anything; but I have had doiwnload requests rejected because my password ***** not accepted

What download did you request previously, for example? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My last response seems to have disappeared, which was

I am not currently t ryting to download or install anything, but whatever I did try, yesterday and the day before to download/install, my password ***** rejected.

Yes my email is working fine

I can't recall what I may have been trying to download/install. Why would this matter ? So far as I know, I have always only used the same password ***** all purposes for which I needed one

What did you try to download yesterday and previously?

Or what was not working on your computer yesterday or previously that would ask for the password?

If you cancel the password ***** does it still work fine?

I need to find out what kind of password ***** computer is asking for. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I recall that yesterday I was asked for a password ***** order to (I think) make a theatre booking. It was rejected. I don't know what kind of password ***** was being asked for - what kinds are there ? I have, so far as i know, only ever used a single password, which apparently is no longer accepted for whatever purposes one might need a password ***** is mine. I think I recall that a password ***** consist of (I think) 5-8 letters and 3 numbers. I only had one, so far as i know for all purposes.

I fear we are not making much sense to each other are we ?

If you were making a theatre booking, then it is asking for a password ***** that website. What was the website for the theatre booking? Did you create / sign up for an account at that website previously? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I don't think I had signed up for an account there previously. I thought it was asking me to verify who I was by use of my password

Am I wrong in thinking that I have my own password, specific to me, which identifies me in relation to my email identity?

Passwords are independent of one another. For example, your email account password ***** ***** related to your other account passwords, if you have, such as online banking password, facebook password, account password ***** a shopping website, etc. When you buy something at a website, it usually asks you to sign in; if you don't have an account at that website yet, then it would ask you to sign up (or register or create, etc.) first. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have more than one password, which is (I guess) my email password ***** I don't use on line banking, or facebook, nor shop on line, nor any other accounhts which might require a different password. It is my email password ***** has ceased to be accepted, for reasons I don't understand, and no do I know how to re-instate it

If your email has ceased to be accepted, then your email account would not be working, i.e., you would not be able to open / read your email messages, but you said your email is working, so there is nothing wrong with your email password. The issue must be something else.

You said you were making a theatre booking, so that means you were trying to shop / buy a threatre ticket online? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are going round in circles.

Are you sure you are right that, because my email is working, therefore my password ***** be accepted ? Surely not ? To go back to where I started, I never normally use my password ***** access my email because I never log out. If I did log out, then my email would cease to work without using my password. But since my password ***** work, therefore it is wise of me not to log out. However sometimes I am asked for my email password, and then the password ***** think is mine is rejected. So what do i do to re-instate my email password ?

You said sometimes it asks for your email password, then when you enter your email password, then it is rejected, then does it let you open /read your emails?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check the issue on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can always open/read/send emails

OK connect remotely and we may make progress !

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ecb12cdc-6c62-411f-917b-a298ee894349

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Working on issue, thanks.

I have helped the issue via remote support. Summary:

1. We have confirmed that your email password ***** ***** fine.

2. Whenever you want to use a service at any website, or buy something at any website, usually it asks to sign in with a password. If it is the first time you are trying to use the service at that website, then it usually gives you the register / signup / create account, etc. option that you need to click on in order to create a password ***** that website first.

3. Email password ***** websites' account passwords are not related. They are all independent of one another. But you can set up same password ***** different password ***** with your email password ***** any website; it is your preference.

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.