Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My wife is unable to start up her kindle. She has forgotten

My wife is unable to start up her kindle. She has forgotten her 4 digit pin . even worse she cannot reset the pin because she has forgotten her Amazon password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the model of the Kindle please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Fire 6

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ian, she will have to reset the device, its the only way to remove the pin
To do this
On the lock screen, swipe from the right side edge of the screen.
Enter an incorrect password ***** PIN (at least characters in length) five times.
You will be prompted to reset your device or wait 30 seconds to try again.
Tap Reset to reset your device to factory defaults.
Once its reset, she then sets it up again and when she registers it with here Amazon account again, all her books will again be available.
If she has forgotten her Amazon password ***** will have to reset it via the link below when she registers is
Click me to view
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.