Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have internet router RTK11nAP interfering with my router

I have internet router RTK11nAP interfering with my router Speedtouch2D1574 - I have rebooted my router twice but my signal is now only one bar instead of the usual four and it is taking forever to get access to the internet - please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, the problem is you own two routers and one is interfering with the other? Is this the issue you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I only own one -Speedtouch2D1574 - the other RTK11nAP has just appeared on my screen when I am having difficulty accessing the internet. I have checked with my immediate neighbours and RTK11nAP is not theirs

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Elizabeth
If you go closer to the Speedtouch with the Laptop, do you see the bars increasing in signal strength?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have to go upstairs so I will be a few minutes before I can reply - it goes up to 4 bars

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it looks like someone has installed another router thats interfering, we can try to change the wireless channel to see if this helps.
First, which version of windows or mac are you running on the computer?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Get connected to the router upstairs.
Then, can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please can you do it - I will only get in a muddle!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You just need to carefully do the instructions I just sent as then I can connect to your computer.
Then I can do the rest.
Just carefully follow the instruction please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What info do you want

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The ID and Password ***** you do my instructions
I will repeat them again
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
It will give you an ID and a Password.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My computer wont let me into Team viewer quick support

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
whats the error you get?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

'Your current security wont let you download this file

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Which internet browser are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Speedtouch2D1574 I'm sorry to be such a pain;

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its ok, its your computer that has the issue as this is normally a very easy thing to do.
But I need to know which Internet Browser you are using please
eg: Internet Explorer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Internet Explorer but I also have Firefox which a friend went into at the weekend - since then I have had this problem - I always use Internet Explorer

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, so this all started when you installed Firefox? Straight after this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It wasn't installed - it was there but he just used it I always use Internet Explorer

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, do the following in internet explorer and then do my instructions again please
Please do the following in Internet Explorer
Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options
Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.
Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset
Then restart the computer
Then go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
It will give you an ID and a Password.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not being given an ID or password ***** I have downloaded Teamviewer Quick support three times

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok good you can now download it.
Now that it is downloading you need to run the file after downloading it.
Like running any file you download from the internet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, I am being very stupid but what file should I run and where do I find it !

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The file you download when you click downloaded Teamviewer Quick support
You see the option when you click it to Run.
Else click Start, Downloads and double click the file there please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this right ID 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Password *****

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, thats just the picture Elizabeth, that you are reading from.
You need to click on the download under Teamviewer Quick support
You then download a file to your computer and you have to Run the file. That you do by clicking run in Internet Explorer when you click on download.
Or you click start, computer and go to the downloads folder and double click the file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So I click on download Teamviewer and Internet Explorer together so in effect the TV download goes straight to Internet Explorer

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You are downloading Teamviewer in Internet Explorer..
you just need to do my instructions in order for it to work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am going to give up now and try again tomorrow - I tried start, computer and downloads but didn't know which file to double click - you have been marvellously patient and a million thanks. I am just very stupid when anything goes wrong! o