Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I reset my password ***** BT Yahoo.com yesterday, and today

Hi, I reset my password ***** BT Yahoo.com yesterday, and today it is not recognising it. Marion
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question Marion, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, I want to ensure your password is ok please.
Can you click on my link and tell me if you can sign into your account online there
Click me o open
Then we know if the password ***** ***** and how to proceed.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, my email address worked when I signed in to the account.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
In Apple Mail, go to Preferences, and there you will see the place for your password.
Remove what is already listed there and add the password ***** just used.
Save this and tell me please if it now sends and receives emails please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, have already been trying that. Just done it again, and saved it, but still not able to send out.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Go back to Preferences, then click on the account and click the - at the bottom to remove it.
Once you have done that, click on the + and add the email account again into Apple Mail. It will get you to enter your details in including the correct password ***** should then correctly save it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK done that, but a message came up: 'There was a problem setting up the Reminders Account.

Reminders couldn't log in to the Unknown service "Unknown" '.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is seperate that you have set it up
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Mail, Contacts & Calendars preferences.
And you can remove the reminders account there. It will also have the incorrect password.
Are you able to send and receive emails from this account now though?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Errr! System Preferences - then I have various choices but not Mail, Contacts, or Calendars. Those are in my Applications folder.

Went into Applications folder, and Mail and no sign of Removing Reminders there.

And by the way, sorry, but I still can't send out emails. :-(

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?
It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

3 3 4 0 5 3 5 5 9

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
and the password ***** Marion
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2.0.4.4

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It says invalid password
Can you please double check it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's what I wrote down - 2 0 4 4 - sorry, maybe I put full stops instead of gaps

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but 2044 is incorrect, i is being rejected
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can I go back to check what they sent? Or do I have to download again?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is there on the program, you see the password ***** your ID.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh, my goodness, I did take it down wrongly. 4 0 1 9

My apologies!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Magic! Thank You!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The password ***** has been solved. Only problem is that it wiped a number of events from my iCalendar, but I am gradually managing to remember them all, and haven't missed any appointments yet!