Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

After using a plug-in keyboard couple of years, I've

After using a plug-in keyboard for a couple of years, I've returned to using the keyboard on my laptop as it's less pressure on my finger joints. I've noticed, however, that sometimes (only sometimes) if I press the question mark key or, say, the apostrophe key, it doesn't 'register' but the next time I press it, it works OK. Could this just be because I haven't used the keyboard for such a long time (i.e. will more regular use correct this problem?) or am I going to have to go back to the plug-in keyboard?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is doubtful that it will improve over time, and more likely it requires a bit more force then your use to, and if you do not apply enough, it wont register. Built in keyboards are more like that as there is less space under the key (as they are compact) so generally require more pressure and overall just are not as nice to use.
My advice is if it really becomes a hassle, to return to the plug in keyboard.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.