Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I've just made the change over from media to TalkTalk.

I've just made the change over from virgin media to TalkTalk. Obviously very different format.
1. I would like my BBC channels reinstated.
2. I would like the oppiortunity to edit out some of the channel that are showing. ????????
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you have your Freeview box installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my telivision was working perfectly well before this change over, so why should I bare any cost.

It is a YouView box.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks William
These are the channels you will then get with the Youview box
BBC ONE
BBC TWO
ITV1
Channel 4
Channel 5
ITV2
BBC THREE
BBC FOUR
ITV3
Pick TV
Dave
Channel 4+1
More 4
Film4
QVC
Really
4Music
Yesterday
VIVA
Ideal World
bid
ITV4
Dave ja vu
ITV2 +1
E4
E4 +1
5*
5 USA
Big Deal
ITV1 +1
QVC Beauty
Create & Craft
price-drop
QUEST
The Zone
Rocks & Co 1
Gems TV
Channel 5 +1
Challenge
4seven
Food Network
The Jewellery Channel
BBC ONE HD
ITV1 HD
Channel 4 HD
BBC HD
ARGOS TV
Marketplace
CBBC Channel
Cbeebies
CITV
BBC NEWS
BBC Parliament
Sky News
Al Jazeera ENG
Russia Today
COMMUNITY
BBC Red Button
Holidays TV
Mail Travel TV
Sky Text
The Big Deal
301 (BBC)
302 (BBC)
Clirlun (Wales)
S4/C (Wales)
As you see, BBC is listed so you should be receiving these.
Are you getting these other channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am receiving no BBC programmes.

Most programmes on your list I am not receiving.

There seems to be quite a few Sky programmes listed on these new channels on Talk Talk which I didn't have before and I don't really want now. !!

Programmes at Virgin Media Started at 101 upwards

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how exactly have you connected the youview to the TV?
Are you sure you are not just connected to the aerial cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no aerial connection to the youview.

Mains connection to TV and Youview and connection joining them both and connection to the router

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it points to the channels being weak in signal reception from the box or an issue with the box itself.
I want you to perform a maintenance mode recovery please William.
To do this, please do the instructions on my link below and when finished tell me if you now get the channels
https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1370864319647
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Richard,

many thanks for your input so far.

Everything seems to work fine, even with the aerial and scart cables disconnected.

I get lots of Sky and As***** *****nels plus other assortments, but but, I still don't get any BBC channels.

The BBC channels are the ones I would like most of all.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you do my previous instructions though?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have followed your advice and the instructions for the

TalkTalk Device Model:DN360T and I am now waiting !!

Bearing in mind that I am a very old Luddite I might not be too quick to catch on.

I have to go out now, I'll check things when I return.

Regds.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so you complete the instructions completly? Do you now get BBC?
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I don't get BBC or ITV but plenty of SKY and other assortments.

I decided to put back my old Sky Box back on in order to see if everything still worked perfectly.

Everything did work perfectly. I had to make sure the dish antenna was connected.

I will now try again from scratch and reconnect the youview box

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is the next step, connect everything again back up and tell me if you ten get BBC, if not we will move onto the next step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello richard,

I have done everything you advised. I have reconnected the view box, supervised by my ex wife to make sure I did it properly!!

I get an excellent picture. The channels start at 401 up to 562. None of these channels were on the list you sent me.

There is still no BBC or ITV channels coming up

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then you will have to call and have your account checked. If that is ok, then the box will need to be swapped out William
Call on 0870(###) ###-####
Once you have verified yourself on the phone, this can then be checked for you.
But you will need to call to proceed further sorry.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Richard,
I made the telephone call and was advised after a brief conversation that my aerial was incompatable with the Youview Box or ViceVersa. So will now revert back to my SkyBox.