Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Ihave bought a Samsung M2020 Xpress printer and am having difficulty

Customer Question

Ihave bought a Samsung M2020 Xpress printer and am having difficulty with thw Wi-Fi connection as my lap top does not appear to have a CD drive. Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You need to use the correct driver for this which you can download from my link below
http://tinyurl.com/p7duoed
Run the downloaded file and then perform the installation via this. You do this whilst it is connected via USB as part of the install is putting it on the wifi network, so when complete, you can then disconnect the cable.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have downloaded the Easy printer driver from your link but I have had no instructions for wi-fi connections

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to run the file and perform the installation Wendy as it will lead you though doing this
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried running the program. When it finishes installing it prompts me to click finish then it goes to a window with the printer but I cannot find how to proceed from there.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
are you then able to print via the cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I see the issue
In their wisdom, Samsung seperated the software now.
You still needed to run that and install it but now you run this to connect it to wireless
http://tinyurl.com/pfqv5l3
This is the setup for the wireless.
Let me know the results please