Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

My beloved kindle no longer works. I cannot turn it on

Customer Question

Hi, my beloved kindle no longer works. I cannot turn it on , it is stuck on the ''we'd love to hear your thoughts" - page. It happened after I recharged it. I have a lot of books on my kindle, and Ik desperately need my kindle as I have problems getting to the bookshops. Please help!
Astrid Driscoll.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Have you tried to reboot the device? Hold the power button for 30 seconds (time it), release the button, then wait a few minutes for your home page to reappear.
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Doesn't seem to help. The green light behind the button comes on for a short while, then gets off. And then- nothing.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Astrid,
Please try a hard reboot. Hold the power switch in the 'on' position for 30 seconds (count them) and then wait until the Kindle reboots.
That procedures will take some minutes.
Then unplug it from any power source and don't touch any keys until it reboots. You can also do a force reboot by removing its power source and after 60 seconds turn it back on.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess, I cannot see the difference between a re-boot and a hard re-boot.. they seem the same to me. But I will fiddle a bit. Thanks for your help. I'll come back to you if there are any changes.

Astrid

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Astrid,
Thank you for writing back. In your case, since your screen is frozen in the page that you described, you need to force the kindle to reboot by doing the procedures I gave you. You need to press or slide the power to ON and hold it for approximately 30 seconds then release it. Then wait a full 2 minutes for the device to reboot.
If it does not reboot that way, please try to plug it into the charger for 3 to 5 minutes then try the procedures again.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess, you are very kind and efficient,butbut but, my kindle does not work. I have tried to re-boot, and to plug it in to charger - but it still does not work. I will go on trying. I say thank you to you (but think £28 is steep as my kindle does not work.) You will forgive me for not rating you right now.

Astrid

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Sure Astrid, no problem.
If after the procedures I gave you, you mentioned that still the device won't work, are you saying that the kindle won't reboot? Or it did reboot but still stuck on the same ''we'd love to hear your thoughts" - page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jess, it works! Thank you ever so much!

I am really grateful!

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Astrid,
Wow! I am glad that it worked this time. The force reboot procedure corrects a lot of freezing problems like the ones that you described and I am glad that it worked for you as well.
Thank you for using our service.
Best regards,
Jess