Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

Last week when I turned on my aol, it had a new and better

Customer Question

Hi - last week when I turned on my aol, it had a new and better homepage, and my compose email remembered my cotact addresses.
It disappeared after a couple of hours - can I have it back please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues with your AOL. Before I can proceed in helping you, please tell me the following:
1. Are you using a computer running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac to access your AOL? Or are you using a smartphone?
2. If you are using a computer, are you using the AOL Desktop software? Or are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think it is Windows XP, and I use chrome to access my aol account?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sue,
Thank you for writing back with that information.
Can I remotely access your Windows XP computer so that I can directly check your Chrome and fix the problem while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am confused as to why I logged into aol help and now find just ask answering my question. presumably this is an aol update issue. I am not happy to pay you over €50 and have no guarantee that you can fix my issue?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sue,
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your confusion. You have contacted us here in JustAnswer. I can definitely help you in fixing this AOL problem. We guarantee our service so you can always get your money back if you are not satisfied.
Here is the JustAnswer story:
http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/en-gb/about-justanswer
Regarding remote access, it is a better option since I can check your computer and fix the problem while you watch your screen. Please let me know if you want the remote option so that I can send you the formal offer.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok how do i do this?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sue,
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access.
Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sue,
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.
1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=45490611-4645-4ca8-9966-ebfa21246dc5
2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.
Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to cancel this process and get a full refund. This service is borderlne unethical. I have screen shot this page and If I don't get a full refund i will be reporting you.

***** *****

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sue,
I am very sorry about that. I have already posted the procedures for the remote access. But if you really want to cancel this, I respect that. Like I mentioned, we guarantee our service.
You can surely request for your full refund. Here is the information on refunding:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
If you need anything else, please let me know.
Best regards,
Jess