Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

After Norton had complete a full scan with all risks removed

After Norton had complete a full scan with all risks removed an error message was sent that it was going to fix. This it could not do after one hour. Windows sent a message that its firewall wanted access to allow drop box to operate at home and not in public places, this granted. I need to log into the service provider ,but I do not have a pin only my password ***** my account .The Norton icon has disappeared from my desktop and icon bar.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Which operating system are you running and what is the service provider's address?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $54 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have an intel core i5 acer . Windows 8.1 is the operating system . I use google as a search engine. The Product ID is: 0017-60516 57787 AAOEM

And which service provider is it where you want to login?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to confirm, the aim of the question is to setup norton and be able to login to symantec.com?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I forgot to add the laptop screen only boots up with difficulty and a great deal of glare initially which might be related to the flaw in Norton anti virus scan packaage

You will have to submit new questions separately as per the site policy. In this question, i can only deal with the original query.
We need to first see if norton is already there, for this, can you hit the windows key to get the tiles mode, and then type norton to see if it brings up the program?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This only retrieves a Norton online backup offer

Okay. What is your e-mail address, please type it without the @ symbol.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

williambyrne6 msn.com

An email will be sent to williambyrne6 msn.com if it is associated with an existing Norton account.
Check your email now and click the link sent by norton to reset the password.
After you are logged in to your norton account, please re-download norton and install it.
Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried entering the product key several times as ordered and it will not recognise it. I cannot proceed to install on this machine

You got this key from your account? Would you like me to remotely connect and fix this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please remotely connect

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me. Thanks
Please click the link below:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=215025
OR >>>CLICK ME<<<
A program called 'support-logmeinrescue.exe' will be downloaded.
Click on the downloaded file and click run.
If asked by system to allow the file to run, select "Yes/Allow/OK"