Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have switched my acer switch 10 SW5-012 laptop on however

I have switched my acer switch 10 SW5-012 laptop on however I have a black screen, I can only see the mouse cursor
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power cable from the Acer and hold the power button down for 60 seconds, then release.
Connect the power cable, and turn on the Acer and tell me please if it now starts correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

many thanks and what was the problem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome.
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.