Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a sony colour tv and have been using the red button

i have a sony colour tv and have been using the red button to access the stock market. now the red button willnot work can you tell me if this is a tv fault or a handset fault
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
We will need to confirm this.
Can you remove the power from the TV and the remote and wait 10 minutes.
Then put the batteries back in the remote, then power on and turn on the TV and tell me if it now functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you wait for me to do this or do i get back to you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I wait for you Roy, let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still not working

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
are other buttons on the remote working Roy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
With which TV service is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

freeview

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** please do the below
1. Using your remote control, press the "menu" button.
2. Select the "set up" or "installation" option. If you see picture icons, select the tool box, satellite dish or spanner.
3. Select "manual retune" or "manual search".
4. If you are prompted for a code, try 0000 or 1234.
5. For BBC A type in the number you obtained from the this page where it asks for a "channel" number (frequency) and press OK.
6. Repeat steps 1 - 5 using the different numbers obtain from the Digital UK website, next to each group (a group is a bundle of TV services), to complete the manual retune. D3&4: , SDN: , ARQ A: , ARQ B: , BBC B HD:
7. Then press "menu" or "exit" to finish.
Then tell me if the red button is now working.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok this will take a little time as the tv is in the other room

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont understand item 5 what number are you referring to

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That should have been a link, to this page
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/manual_retuning
You need to enter your Postcode and number to get your code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

AM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE MENU HAVE ONLY GOT ONE MENU AND THAT IS SYNC MENU WHICH DOES NOT GIVE ME HE SET UP OPTION

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which exact Freeview model do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I DONT KNOW WHAT MODEL IT IS

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, are you able to do this?
Press menu on your box or TV remote control. ...
Now select set-up, installation, update or similar option. If you're asked for a password ***** default code is 1234 or 0000. ...
Now select the 'first time installation' option (sometimes called 'factory reset', 'full retune' or 'default settings').
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I THINK I WILL HAVE TO ABORT THIS AS I CANNOT FIND A MENU BUTTON THAT GIVES ME ACCESS TO THE SET UP AND IT IS GETTING A BIT COMPLICATED FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND

CAN WE GIVE UP AS MY DOCTOR HAS JUST ARRIVED. CAN WE JUST CANCEL THIS AND CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS WITH YOU

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes we can though is is strange as these instructions work for all freeview models.
We can always continue at a later time.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM THAT I AM NOT GOING TO GET A MONTHLY BILL FOR THIS SERVICE AS I DID REQUEST I CANCEL THIS. IF I FEEL ABLE I MAY POSSIBLY GET BACK TO YOU BUT I NEED TO KNOW THAT MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED.

THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
As long as you did not sign up for the monthly subscription then no there is no monthly cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THAT IS OK THEN . SORRY YOU COULD NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME