Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

2nd monitor does not work all of a sudden do not even have

2nd monitor does not work all of a sudden do not even have an option to recognise it monitor is in standby mode when activated it tries and then goes to sleep, had this problem b4 and there was a simple fix just cannot remember what it was. tried to restart without monitor connected then another restart with it connected no luck any ideas please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the computer and the monitor please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pc is hp envy i7 quad core with hp flat screen monitor 2nd monitor is hp compaq fp5315 Richard name is Graham

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Graham
Connect the monitor, the in windows, right click on the desktop and select screen resolution.
In the new window, do you see the second monitor listed there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no Richard but now pc says "problem detected with NVIDA GEForce GT640 windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Click Start, type in MSCONFIG and press enter.
Click on the Startup Tab and click Disable All.
Click on the Services Tab and click "Hide All Microsoft Services"
Then click Disable All
Click ok, restart and let me know if the monitor is now detected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sending from my blackberry because I lost you page richard sorry msconfig would not load I am using windows 10 evaluation op but I think I found the solution nvida automatically uploads new drivers and it was not compatable with my old 2nd monitor so I just rolled back the driver thanks anyway Richard what do I owe you for aid???

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ah ok, no problem
You only owe me the deposit you made, nothing further. I dont see this as I am just an engineer, but its not much and you can email customer service on***@******.***
To compensate me, can you please rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces at the top then submit.
Thanks and if you need anything else, let me know please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nice one richard have a cool weekend m8