Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Computer support service.
63849745

Trying to buy more books but whilst showing connected

Customer Question

Trying to buy more books for holidays but whilst showing connected message says something went wrong and contact you. Please advise. Tony
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What is the full brand and model of your device?
When did you purchase your device?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kindle paperwhite purchased about 4years ago

Hi Tony,
Thank you for your reply.
Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.
Please try this procedure at least 3 times.
If that doesn't help, please perform the next troubleshooting step.
1. Disconnect the power cable from the wireless router (turn the router off)
2. On your Kindle - Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.
4. When Kindle reboot, turn on your router and wait 2 minutes.
5. After 2 minutes, try to connect your Kindle to wifi.
6. Test your Kindle.
If none of the previous solutions works, the next troubleshooting step will be to perform hard/factory reset. Don't worry, none of your purchased books will be lost. All your content is stored (and safe) on Amazon cloud.
1. From Home, tap the Menu icon (3-lines icon), and then tap Settings.
2. Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device.
3. If needed register your Kindle with the same Amazon account, connect it to wifi and test it.
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd