Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I recently purchased an ASUS desktop machine. with Windows

I recently purchased an ASUS desktop machine. with Windows 8.1 installed.
I have recently been getting error messages e.g. g_pAsWMI_NotOpen and SystemRuntime.InterOpServices.COMExcpetion.
Also windows file manager not opening after startup.
What is going on and how can I resolve it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Harry. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Are you getting these error messages when running a specific software program or do they randomly appear onscreen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

At start up and at random occasions while using the machine. I can get into the file manager by right clicking and clicking on a subdirectory of the drive I am looking for. I can send you a file showing the error messages...

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Harry. You can use the paperclip icon on the JustAnswer toolbar to attach an image file.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me, Byron, and apologies for delay. Out on business all day yesterday.

I attach a jpg of the error messages. screenshot of error messages.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harry.The image you sent indicates some type of Asus product is the culprit check what programs are running when you start the machine. The only software that absolutely must be running when you start the computer is Windows.

From the desktop, right-click on the taskbar and open Task Manager.
Click the Startup tab.
Go down the list of entries looking for any program that comes from Asus.
If anything is found, left click to select it and then click Disable in the lower right corner of the screen. This does not disable the program itself, it only keeps the program from running immediately after Windows starts.
Restart the machine and see if the message still shows up.

If there's nothing Asus under the startup tab it's possible that a recent Windows update corrupted an already installed non-Microsoft program.
Run System Restore to put the machine back to a state prior to you receiving the message. Doing this will not affect your data files.
Hold down the Windows logo key (just to the left of the spacebar) and press R.
In the Run box type: rstrui.exe and click OK.
When System Restore opens click Next.
Put a checkmark in the Show More Restore Points box.
Left click to select a date prior to when you started receiving the message.
Click Next
Click Finish
When the restore has completed and the machine restart check to see if you're still
getting the message.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks dukey

I will try this today. I had problem getting my JustAnswer account sorted out - some screw-up in registration.

Thanks for your detailed response and I will get back to you to let you know how it works out.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update, Harry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes that worked a treat - at least so far. The machine has been on and off several times so I think it is sorted.

Thanks!

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome, Harry.

Please take a moment before leaving to provide a rating

and have a great day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Very good response which worked perfectly. Thanks!

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

I apologize. What I should have communicated more clearly by "rating" was clicking on the stars at the top and then clicking on submit. I know the JustAnswer system is sometimes not very intuitive but this is how I am credited for my work.

Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.