John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I keep getting messages when I go on the internet, or into

I keep getting messages when I go on the internet, or into my webmail, that there is a long running script. Can you explain what is meant by this, and how can I delete this script to stop it re-occurring?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help youMa’am please provide the following details so that I can help you better1.Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any other2.Are you getting this script error on Internet explorer?3.Do you have any other web browser installed in the PC like Firefox or Google chrome?4.Does this error shows up on all websites or on any specific website except your email site?Sincerely,JohnNote: - To get my reply quickly refresh this page or you can check your email which also shows a notification email. To reply back to me type in the box below and click on reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I have microsoft Windows 10 on my computer. I have another web browser - Google Chrome. Only on the internet Explorer it comes up about this long running script.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for replying back to me.The script problem usually occurs because the HTML code for the webpage does not work correctly with client-side script such as Microsoft JScript or Microsoft Visual Basic script in the web browser.This can happen mostly because the Active scripting, ActiveX controls or Java programs are blocked on your computer or on the web browser or The scripting engine on your computer is corrupted or outdated.In your case i believe its the script engine that is corrupted.We can reset the Internet explorer settings and see if that fixes the issue.Please try the following1.Close all web browsers including2.Press windows key + R key that will open run window in that type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press enter that will open internet properties window now click on delete under browsing history>>>select everything then click delete.Now click on advanced tab >>>click on restore advanced settings then click on apply. Now click reset then another window opens in that select the option delete personal settings…. Then click on reset3.Click on start>>>computer >>Right click on C drive>>>properties>>>disk clean-up>>>select all the options and click OK then click on deleteNow restart the PC and check it.Please let me know the status.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Ma'am checking whether you were able to do my above instructions if so did it solve the issue?If it didn't work please let me know and we can try other methods.If it worked and you do not have any
further questions please rate positively using the options just below this chat box or on the top of this page,select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated. Have a Great God blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John