Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Kindle would not charge. I bought a new charger and it has

my Kindle would not charge. I bought a new charger and it has taken some charge . However I now cannot get past the USB drive mode page (if you want to read or shop etc....). The Kindle is not connected to my computer.
When I press the on button it briefly goes green and then fades
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change. When I re- connect the charger I have to press down on the connection for the ***** *****ght to come on.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Which model Kindle is this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

kindle paperwhite

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the Charging port that has faulted. I know this as you said you have to press down for the ***** *****ght to show.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty has expired, a repair on this is not feasible due to the costs (which is why I asked about the model) as a repair will cost more then a new device as you need a total mainboard replacement.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.