Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

WHEN I LEAVE MY COMPUTER WHILE AND IT GOES INTO STANDBY,

HI
WHEN I LEAVE MY COMPUTER FOR A WHILE AND IT GOES INTO STANDBY, I USED TO TAP THE MOUSE PAD AND IT CAME BACK ON, NOW NOTHING IS HAPPENING, AND I HAVE TO SHUT DOWN USING THE OFF BUTTON THEN FOLLOW THE SIGN TO START WINDOWS NORMALLY, IS THERE ANY OTHER KEY, OR COMBINATION OF KEYS I CAN USE TO GET IT BACK, OR HOW CAN I FIX THE PROBLEM
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer?

When did this issue first occur?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

COMPAQ PROSSARIO CO81

JUST STARTED TODAY, HAS HAPPENED 3 TIMES

Please try this first: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then check.

If that does not work, is the model cq81? Can you please check at the bottom of the laptop for the full model, such as cq61-420us? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that did not work, the model is cq61-327sa

I'm sorry. Please go to the website below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-Presario-CQ61-Notebook-PC-series/3938633/model/4033886/drivers

, then download and install the latest BIOS, and Driver-Chipset, and Driver-Graphics
, then check.

- If needed, please click Start -> All programs->Accessories->Run... then type msconfig and click OK.
(or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on your keyboard, then type msconfig then click OK.)
, then click on the Startup tab and click on Disable All at the bottom.
, then click on the Services tab, then click on "Hide all Microsoft services" at the bottom, then click on Disable All at the bottom.
, then click OK, and restart the computer and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when I try the latter typing in misconfig it is saying windows can not recognize this

I'm sorry; please note that it is msconfig (not misconfig ; there is no letter "i".) Please try, then let me know. Thank you.