Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a Hannspree 10.1" tablet - model no. HSG1279,

I have a Hannspree 10.1" tablet - model no. HSG1279, SN1AT71W, purchased Sept. 2014
whilst trying to connect to a hotel wireless connection I lost the Android Virtual keyboard which was replaced, by Google Voice Typing, which proved to be difficult and unproductive.
How can I recover the Android Keyboard, hopefully without losing my data ?.
thanks
Murray Hutchison
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Murray! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please go to Settings -> (General) -> Language and input methods, then set the correct / default keyboard you want there.

; if needed, there, turn off Google voice typing.

If needed, press and hold the power on/off button on the tablet, then select the Restart option, then check.

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

since receiving your prompt reply to my question I cannot use my tablet as you have changed the language from English (uk),

can you correct this as a matter of urgency,

only then will I be able to check if I can use the keyboard

thanks

MH

You're welcome. I'm sorry. I did not change the language. I could not make any change on your tablet, but I can provide steps you can use for fixing the language and fixing anything else.

Please try the followings. If needed, you can use the Google translate website in order to translate foreign words to English, and/or type in the English option words I'm providing, then translate to the language you think it is showing on the tablet (try a few different language as needed):
https://translate.google.com/

1. Go to Settings. It has the gear icon for settings:

graphic

2. Go to the option General if shown.

3. Go to the option Language and input. It usually has the icon 'A' for it:

graphic

4. Select Language option (usually the first option.)

5. Select English.

Please let me know. Thank you.