Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

Ihave had my Kindle on charge and when I switch on I get a

Customer Question

Ihave had my Kindle on charge and when I switch on I get a battery Image
the green light comes on but I cannot get rid of the batter so I cannot use my Kindle
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If your Kindle (and the battery in it) is over 1 1/2 years old, perhaps 3 years old or more, then the battery has almost undoubtedly failed, as rechargeables always do in the course of time and usage.

Rechargeable batteries do get weaker with time, and eventually fail to deliver enough power to start up a device like a tablet or a digital camera; they then need replacing. The replacement battery needs to be charged up for 6+ hours before its first use, owing to its having been on a shelf for a considerable time.

If you need help with the details of how to replace the battery in your Kindle, please reply with this information:
1. the exact and full model of Kindle. (There are at least a dozen differing models nowadays.)
2. the age of your Kindle, measured from its date of purchase.
and
3. whether you're willing to have it sent out for repair (probably necessary), and if so, is the manufacturer OK to send it out to, or is a choice of repair firms to be sought out, in your view, for price or other reasons? Or would you prefer to try to replace the battery yourself, as an option at least?
Thank you for the favorable rating for my Answer.

Please feel free to Reply to this and ask for further details... they will *not* cost you extra, I can assure you. I wish to provide all the information you need in response to your question, you see.