Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I wish to transfer my number 1 kindle to e-mail

I wish to transfer my number 1 kindle to e-mail***@******.*** and to be Rhean's kindle

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the model of your Kindle and I can then tell you how to do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know the model of this kindle, it's an early one

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, does it have a keyboard? Or a touch screen?
Or a 5 way button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a touch screen

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to deregister the Kindle and then register it to this new account.
To do this
From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
Tap Registration.
In the Deregister Your Kindle message, tap Deregister.
Then
From Home, tap the Menu icon.
Tap on Settings and select Registration.
Specify the Amazon account you want to use on Kindle Touch:
If you already have an Amazon account: Tap this option. Enter the e-mail and password ***** with your Amazon account. Tap Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.
If you do not have an Amazon account: Tap this option and follow the on-screen instructions to set up a new Amazon account.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I see that you have left me a poor rating, instead of continuing to communicate with me.
Was that a mistake?
Please, let me know how else, I can be of assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I get no response when tapping Register

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, just tell me this David as you just made a complaint about how I have been working with you..... the worst rating possible.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and try to register.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did as you asked, the kindle loaded up but I still get no response when tapping Settings

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Does Menu respond?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I'm able to load/read my books but cannot get reaction on tapping settings. It seems that my request can't be done !

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it is quite strange as if you can read books you can normally get to settings unless there is a hardware fault.
But you say you can read your books, if you de registered it you would not see any books.
Where you able to De-Register it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I thought I'd have to get into settings first.

I wish to retain my kindle fire which is shown as David's No 2 kindle.

I'm transfering this old one to my wife. Well trying to to, look I appreciate your help I'll re-asses the rating.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, you go to Menu then setting.
On the OLD one, as thats the one we are referring to David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

:-)) that's what I am trying but without success !

What's the cheapest kindle I can buy for her and canI use the £28 as part of the payment please ?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
59 which you can see here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KDRUCJY/ref=s9_acsd_al_bw_tc_EGGDESK_1_i?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=1RG7RDQ4MVT0G63R0PFF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=559869747&pf_rd_i=341677031
you cant use the payment you already made here for the Kindle.
But it looks like the one you have has faulted else you would be able to get to settings.
I still am not sure why you made the bad rating on my though David? Can you at least tell me what I did wrong as the instructions I gave are generally straight forward, just looks like you have a faulty device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My frustration, appologies

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if I can help you with anything else, please let me know
And would you consider changing the rating David?
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry