Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Will Dragon read a .WAVor .mp3 file to produce text? I am

Will Dragon read a .WAVor .mp3 file to produce text?
I am profoundly deaf and therefore have not got the option of hearing recording and dictating.
If not, what is best wayof puting a recording of a lecture into Dragon?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which version of Dragon are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

12

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
To do this, please do the below instructions
Open the User Profile you created especially for recorder input by choosing Profile→Open User Profile from the NaturallySpeaking menu, selecting the special “User Profile” that you set up for recorded speech, and then clicking the Open button.
If your portable recorder uses the analog (Line-In) connection, NaturallySpeaking will expect a certain volume from your recorder. When you transcribe text, either make sure the volume is set to the same level you used for training or run the Audio Setup Wizard again at this point. To run the Audio Setup Wizard, choose Audio→Read Text to improve accuracy and choose the Adjust Volume Only selection.
In NaturallySpeaking, choose Tools→Transcribe Recording (or click the Transcribe button if your DragonBar has the Extras bar extended).
A Personalize How You Transcribe screen opens. Choose the defaults unless you have a specific window you wish to work from.
Click Next.
A Transcribe a Recorded Audio File screen opens and asks you to select where Dragon NaturallySpeaking can find the audio file you want to transcribe.
Either type in the file name or click the Browse to Locate File button to select the file you want to transcribe from your hard drive.
Click the Transcribe button.
The DragonPad opens and begins transcribing.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please