Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have just replaced the ink cartridges in my Brother DCP-750CW

Customer Question

I have just replaced the ink cartridges in my Brother DCP-750CW Printer and get an "unable to print 51" error message. Any ideas how to solve this problem.
Category: Computer
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Are you getting the error message on the printer LCD or on your computer?
You might try resetting the ink waste pad to try to get rid of the error: Enter machine maintenance mode. FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine’s log information list (function code 80).Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.