Joe B
Joe B, Computer Expert
Experience:  I am a Microsft Certified Systems Engineer who can answer all of your computer questions.
24310314

I have a Lenovo Flex 10 running Windows 8. When I switch on

I have a Lenovo Flex 10 running Windows 8.
When I switch on to boot up I get a blue screen with a side turned smiley face stating 'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.'
And then in smaller print it says that I can look online for Bad System Config Info.
The computer I am using to contacting you is running Windows 7
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and I will be glad to help you with your problem. Please use the following steps to complete a system restore that will restore your computer to an earlier time.Completely shutdown the computerPress and hold down the F1 keyWhile holding down the F1 key, press the power button.Follow the prompts to restore your computer to an earlier time.Please let me know how it goes. Thank you,Joe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Joe for getting back to me.
You're suggestion still produces the same results, sorry. It's just a continual loop, Lenovo screen then Blue screens with the same message. It's driving me nuts. Failing picking it up and throwing against the wall I don't know what to do next.Dave
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure it is really frustrating! Please try the following...unplug the laptop.take out the batterypress and hold the power button for 30 secondsput back in the battery and plug it in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a Lenovo Flex 10 idea pad. There is no way shown how to remove the battery. There is no Reset button either
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for that. It appears that there are different models of this. Can you locate the exact model number of yours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model No. 20324
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
Please refer to the attached image. Does the sides match your Flex 10? If so, the reset button is located on the right side (top picture) between the power button and the usb port. Please verify.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thaty is the light for the battery power, it's not a reset button. Can you see why I contacted you guys now. Believe me I've tried everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The small hole next to the power supply is a built in microphone
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
I can see that now. Please try following:shut down completelypress the power buttonimmediately press the F11 key several times (keep pressing it)does that bring you to a recovery screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, same blue screen same message :(
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
The restore is there somewhere!Try the same steps above but use the F12 key, and if that doesn't work repeat the steps above using the delete key
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same, no response to any key
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
When you first bought it, I am assuming you did not create the recovery media on USB flash drive. Do you have access to another windows 8 computer where you can create recovery media from there, then use that to restore your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No all other computers are Windows 7. When I bought it there was an extra sheet congratulatulating me on having the lates version of Window 8, namely Windows 8.1. No recovery discs or flash drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think when they designed this machine they didn't think to have a Reset Button as Windows 8 would take care of everything. It has certainly done that with this machine making it so I cannot access it to recover
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
Does it have a Windows product key sticker on the bottom?Can you locate the sku # ***** the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just a red Windows 8 sticker
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
Any other identifying marks that will help me point you to the correct recovery media to download? Do you see any other letter number combinations located anywhere? Do you still have the box, or manual that would have this information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual isn't woth the paper it's printed on, has nothing useful contained within its pages. I'll have to go into the attic to recover the box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it.
There is an EAN Code and a UPC Code
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
Great! Can I have both please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EAN code: 0888772165390UPS code: 888772165390
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
Do you see a serial number? Might be listed as S/N.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another code is:IdeaPadFlex10TBKTXN28074G3208WGB-BLACKS/N UB02725359
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
You are located in the UK, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks. Here is the solution. I have check the warranty on it, and it is still under warranty until 8-8-15. That is great news. I have attached the warranty information for you to have. Also, here is the phone number to Lenovo UK. They will be able to provide you with the recovery media free of charge. The phone number given is 0***-***-****. I appreciate your patience as I researched your issue and gave you the information needed for repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try that thanks Joe
Expert:  Joe B replied 1 year ago.
Please accept the solution if you feel I have helped you. Thank you for allowing me to help you.Thank you,Joe
Joe B, Computer Expert
Experience: I am a Microsft Certified Systems Engineer who can answer all of your computer questions.