Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting
25267123

I Have installed all the drivers old Epsom Stylus

I Have installed all the drivers for my old Epsom Stylus Photo R300, but when I try to print on a cd the printer fails to start and the project just goes into printer queue Document printing works fine. After the initial install I did mange to print one cd and can't understand why now can't. Please help, Mike Hibbert

ps, my operating system is windows 7, when I try to obtain the printer driver it just installs copy printer

Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Did you get your driver here? Make sure you choose the correct version of Windows? http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=26322&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-64
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am having no success at all and have been billed another £ 8.00, please answer in laymans terms as we are not all young and technically adept

Mike Hibbert

What version of Windows 7 are you using 32 bit or 64 bit?
Go to Start then right click on Computer and go to Properties. The 32 or 64 bit version is listed next to System Type
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am running Windows 7 Professional on 64 bit. the printer is working but will not print on cd a prompt s telling to install the printer driver. I have done this and another printer is install as a 300 copy

OK and you installed that latest 64 bit driver correct? Unplug the printer from power for a few minutes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried all the recommended suggestions with no success, when I follow the instructions another identical printer is installed but none of them let me print onto a cd, the same message saying the printer driver for cd printing is not installed and the cycle to obtain the said driver starts again

Download the Epson EasyPrint software from the Drivers and Downloads page for your printer. (Make sure you note the file name and where you saved the file.)

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=26322&infoType=Downloads

Double-click the Epson EasyPrint file you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.

Restart your computer.

Place a CD or DVD in the printer’s CD/DVD tray and then insert the CD/DVD tray into the printer.

Open the EPSON Print CD software.

Design your CD/DVD or open a design you’ve saved.

Select Print from the File menu.

Make sure Epson Stylus Photo R300 is selected.

Select Tray 2.

Note: If Tray 2 is not selected, the CD design will print in the wrong position.

Click Properties.

Under Paper Options, select the following settings:

Source: Manual

Type: CD/DVD or CD/DVD Premium Surface

Size: A4

Click OK, to close the Properties window, then click OK to close the Printer Settings window.

Click OK to print.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

I think I will start from scratch. ie:- install the printer using the original cd provided with the printer and progress through updates and downloads specifically for the R300. For some reason when I install a new printer as per instructions the printers is named as R300M which is totally different from the R300.I would like to thank you for all your advice and will rate your help highly.

Yours faithfully,

Mike

Ok thanks please let me know