Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Tried to enable wireless connection on Toshiba 48L3553DB, did

Customer Question

tried to enable wireless connection on Toshiba 48L3553DB, did not work so disabled it but now I keep getting WIFI dongle received and removed messages every 30 secs and don't know how to stop then coming up.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It looks to be reading a false connection
Remove the power from the TV and wait 10 minutes. Not turn it off but unplug it from power.
Then plug the power back in and turn it on and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Didn't work, double checked the network settings and both wired and wireless are set as disabled. but error message keeps coming up on the centre of the screen still every 30 secs.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Darren
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. More specifically the chipset that handles the detection of devices, and this keeps recycling
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Spoke to TV support at Costco and they advised to do first installation and retune process again. this cleared the issue and is now working. Hence my quandary on rating as you never cleared the issue I had to go elsewhere.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This is the initial instruction I gave Darren as it should have taken you through this. I was not aware from your feedback that it did not take you through the retune process again as this was the goal of the first step.
It is possible it needed a few attempts to initiate this.