Wiz of All
Wiz of All, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  5 yrs of experience as Technical lead/Software Engineer/ Research Engineer
16249036

I have upgraded my Toshiba Satellite Pro A200/PSAE4E-02L00WEN

Customer Question

I have upgraded my Toshiba Satellite Pro A200/PSAE4E-02L00WEN by replacing the 80GB HDD with a 320GB one. However, I get continuous error messages and laptop will not boot to Windows more often than not unless I system restore back to the pre- MS Office 2010 installation. Why is this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Wiz of All replied 2 years ago.

Can you please tell me the complete error message?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SD cards not read even though drivers have been installed previously; drivers re-instated.

Windows Action Centre reported no antivirus program installed, even though Norton had been working for a while since upgrade. Tried re-installing; Norton reported a/v was already presentCry

Alright. You stated above that you get continuous error messages after you changed your hard drive.Please tell me what the error says.That way I would be able to help you better :)
The hard drive is what's making the problem.
Also tell me the make of your new hard drive,please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Western Digital, I think....

No, I'm afraid I can't!!! When I said "error messages", I meant things such as a WAC popup to say no a/v installed. As to post-installation MS Office 2010, on startup, laptop states "Windows is loading files", does not boot to Windows, and tries to automatically repair the problem...then states it can't do this automatically and to "contact your system administrator or try again". The only way to boot to Windows is to take advantage of the advanced options and do a system restore to a pre-Office installation date.

I hope this is sufficient info. Do you think the problem is that the system can't cope with a 320GB HDD? Although how this is relevant to Office etc I am at a loss to explain.....

I just noticed,we have the same laptop :)

A system file(s) is causing trouble during boot. System restore doesn't fix the problem, rather it brings the computer to a previous state at which you made a restore point. Looks like at that point there was no trouble.

Boot your laptop with windows CD. A screen would appear after several minutes.It has an option to repair windows.Select it.There is a chance your issue would resolve.If you still face the same problem,I would recommend you to save all your data, create a backup of it in some other USB/portable hard disk etc and reinstall windows. Thanks

Did it work?