Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I had a meassage from Amazon Createspace today, saying the

I had a meassage from Amazon Createspace today, saying the interior files uploaded by Josh, yesterday, do not meet their submission requirements (for my book 'Inside The House Of The Dead'), asking me to adjust my interior files. I have checked the latter and the native files are okay. I think the problem may have been a 'book file' uploaded by Josh, yesterday. If the original native files are uploaded, there should be no problem.
Please remotely upload the native files to Createspace again, please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is your email address again so I can sign into the Createspace account to check?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Josh, again (!), email adress is***@******.***

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Trevor,

Did you change the password ***** yesterday?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***@******.***

My Createspace password ***** *****

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Working on the issue now, Trevor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you upload from the native files (which, I've checked) one-by-one, there should be no problem. I think the problem arose when you created a file from these native files.

The files are located: Hesterbell>Trevor's Writings>Ghost Stories.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
The files had to be merged in order to create the book since you made changes to the stories. The Kindle version has uploaded without any issues but the book version was creating an error for an overlap.

I am working on that issue right now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good. But I spotted some errors I hadn't noticed before in the native files, so we will still need to upload these again. Thanks, Trevor

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
We will need to wait until the upload is complete tomorrow to upload the new files.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Does this mean I will have to come back to 'Just Answer' tomorrow, or will you take it from here? I hope so!!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I do not have the native files that you updated so you would have to come back here tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is being uploaded,now?

Why don't you upload the native files,now?

Would I come back to you, personally, tomorrow or will I have to start over again? If I have to start over again, this is not acceptable.

It seems like all you have done is reiterate the problem? What work have you actually done?

Presumably, when you uploaded the book files, it was your creation error, so am I being charged for this session.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Trevor,

I went back into the editor and adjusted to corrections that their software required. It was not creation error.

Also, you informed me of the new changes to your native files after I had already went in and fixed the other issue. I had no way of knowing that you made changes to the files.

Please reply back to this question tomorrow and do not start a brand new question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, why didn't you make the adjustment to the files that the editor required when you uploaded the files, yesterday? If the files didn't 'fit'.Can you say if I'm paying again for this.

If we forget about minor changes to the native files (i.e. work with the one's you have), is all well, now, with the paperback version?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Actually, I DID ask you to remotely upload the files again, today, in my initial request.

P.S. This matter needs completing today.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PPS. Also, When Karmil Anwar uploaded the files, we didn't have this problem.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Trevor,

Kamil did not upload the same files that I did.

Also, in your initial request, you did not mention that you made changes to the files from yesterday. You asked that I remote in to upload the files from yesterday but did not mention that the files were changed.

I have worked with thousands of customers with KDP and uploading book files so I understand your frustration with the CreateSpace automated system (which I do not have control over) Their automated system that the approval has to go through is not something that I have control over. The book has to be sent through approval and sometimes it kicks back errors. I can only fix the issues they deem to need fixing and upload again. The book is fine through the Kindle platform so the issue is with the CreateSpace automated system. If the file itself was an issue, it would have been kicked back by KDP.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would you like to answer, comment, on my recent question(s) please?

In summary:

Assuming you have now fixed the files and they meet the parameters (ignoring my corrected native files) are these files now acceptable to Amazon, and is everything right for publication of the Paperback version?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
To answer your two questions:

are these files now acceptable to Amazon? The Kindle version files are acceptable to Amazon. The paperback version has been submitted through CreateSpace for approval through their automated system. We do not have their response back yet.

Is everything right for publication of the Paperback version? We will not know until CreateSpace sends back an email after it is through their approval process.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You wrote, prior to my mentioning that I'd altered the native files; 'We will need to wait until the upload is complete tomorrow to upload the new files'. What files did you upload, then?

The system keeps saying your waiting for my reply, but I've already replied a dozen times. Does the fact that you haven't replied mean you've gone home for your tea, or are you hoping I'll just sign off because I've got fed up of waiting?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
The "waiting for your reply" message is an auto generated message. I do not have control over it. I have replied back to every message that you have replied back with. Our system requires that I reply back to each message.

The upload was of the files from yesterday with the adjustments that the system said were errors.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Josh did not upload my native book files to Amazon, as requested, and asked me to 'come back tomorrow'. He did not ensure compatibility upload of my files for the paperback version of Amazon. He has not answered my question about
payment and if I will be back to square one tomorrow. I have not heard from him for 30mins.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Trevor,

I have replied back to every time that you have responded. Please scroll up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you answer my questions, or we will be going round with this indefinitely:

Are the files you uploaded (not the corrected native files) now accepted for the Paperback version of my book? What upload are we waiting to be completed until tomorrow? Will I have to start again, from square one, tomorrow? Will you be in tomorrow? Will I have to pay again today/tomorrow? You haven't answered any of these questions.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please look at my answer after each one of your questions below:

Are the files you uploaded (not the corrected native files) now accepted for the Paperback version of my book? The paperversion is not accepted yet. It has to be approved and it can take 24 hours.

What upload are we waiting to be completed until tomorrow? The changes that I made today are being upload for approval.

Will I have to start again, from square one, tomorrow? No, reply back to this question. Do not start a new question again.

Will you be in tomorrow? Yes, I work tomorrow.

Will I have to pay again today/tomorrow? No, reply back to this question instead of creating a new question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You STILL have not answered the last 4 questions I just asked you. Kindly oblige.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Trevor,

Do you not see my responses? I have answered every question that you have asked. Here they are again:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This provides some clarity. I will contact you tomorrow. However, having come this far, I will require the native files uploaded again, as originally requested, as some did overlap and I made some corrections. What time do you start tomorrow, please, so I can pick you up?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I start tomorrow at 11am EST and work until 2pm EST then I pick back up again in the evening around 6pm EST.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Josh, What time are you starting work tomorrow?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Trevor,

Here is my answer again:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need to know what time you start tomorrow AND if you are picking up my question again, personally.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I start tomorrow at 11am EST and work until 2pm EST then I pick back up again in the evening around 6pm EST..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Will you be dealing with this issue tomorrow, Josh, when I log in? That's what I mean about starting from 'square one'.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
If you reply back on this question, I will be the one helping you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Over and out, Josh, you are obviously not going to reply; but I'll make a full complaint - and I'm quite good at it.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I have replied back to every response. I am not sure why you are only seeing 1 out of every 4-5 responses.

Here is my response again:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Josh,

I have been in touch with Customer Support and they have referred me back to you, to remotely upload the edited native files to my book 'Inside The House Of The Dead'; to both Paperback & Kindle versions.Please proceed.

Trevor