Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

My scaleoview T19-2 has gone blank but I can't remember doing

Customer Question

My scaleoview T19-2 has gone blank but I can't remember doing anything to cause it. It did falter a bit when I played some DVD's, like an overload, but came back on eventually, tried cleaning the DVD drives but no difference, but now it has thrown the towel in completely (using my laptop to reach you)
Thanks,
Alex Scott.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Check all the connections to the monitor. The power cable especially, if no indicator lights show on it anywhere. Check the connection to the DVD player or computer, at both ends.Try plugging it into another power outlet.Try leaving it Off for several hours.After which, if it still remains blank and/or black, you will have to have it repaired, or replaced, at your choice. I cannot tell from here, which choice would be better, and must leave the choice up to you.The fact that it faltered a bit is probably independent of the DVD playing, and might indicate a loose connection... either internally or externally. That is why I recommended that you check connections. If repaired, an electronics tech could find such a loose connection inside... but the problem may also be with a component in the monitor having failed, which could set in temporarily at first and become permanent. If you need any further information, let me know, please. Thanks.