John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I'm trying to set up my Lenovo G50-30 laptop and am encountering

Customer Question

I'm trying to set up my Lenovo G50-30 laptop and am encountering all sorts of problems - mainly because I don't know where anything is (it is so very different from my desk-top p.c.). I want to sign up with Skype, but they ask for my e-mail address and I want a different e-mail address to my desk top, therefore I also want to change my e-mail address for this machine. I'm elderly, totally un-tech and need HELP please!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your PC. I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can help you better1. Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 ?2. Which is the web browser you are using is it Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or any other3.Did you had a Skype account on the desktop PC or are you trying to open a new one?4.Could you please explain your email requirement in more detail?Sincerely,JohnNote: - To get my reply quickly refresh this page or you can check your email which also shows a notification email. To reply back to me type in the box below and click on reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. Windows 8.1 on laptop (XP on desk top)

2, I think it's Internet Explorer

3. Skype will be new to me

4. When I first got laptop the initial screens that came up at one point asked for my e-mail and I entered my current *****@******.***. However, I would prefer to change this on my new laptop to a much shorter googlemail address as a main e-mail - just keep the tinyworld one as a second address untill I was sure I had let everyone know new address.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the details.I can help you set up the skype in your new pc but the email issue is it showing on the windows login screen like this http://winaero.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/sign-in.png also do you want me to remote access to your PC and show you how to do these or if i give you instructions can you do them? Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. I'm quite happy for you to access my desktop p.c.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Before we start that are you currently communicating to me from the new window 8.1 laptop or the desktop PC because you needed to set up the Skype and email on it am i correct ?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Desktop. i have got Team Viewer installed on desk top if that is of any use.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for clarifying it.Team viewer on desktop wont do any good because we need to set up the above on laptop.I will give you a remote access link which you need to type in the address bar of web browser (Internet explorer) can you do that also make sure the laptop have internet connectivity? Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clicked on Internet explorer icon and it's come up on 'msn' and a 'bing' web search. Is that o.k?

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is fine.now please type this web address on the address bar of web browser (Internet explorer) and press enter http://tinyurl.com/ps5lp5h (There is no space in the web address) that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
I am connected now.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Please rate me positively using the options just below this box or above this page, select the rating and click on submit that will do itsome bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Please rate me using the options just below thisbox or above this page, select the rating and click on submit that will do itsome bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need anyhelp in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/