Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have Iphoto on my Mac which i use to store my photos

Customer Question

Hi, I have Iphoto on my Mac which i use to store my photos on, however I have not uploaded photos on here from my phone for 6 months, so when I connected my Iphone 5s to it was only showing there was approx 200 photos to upload, when infact there were around 1000 that I needed to upload from my phone that had not already been uploaded... I uploaded the 200 and everytime i connect my phone to my MACbook its showing everything has been uploaded but its only uploaded the 200 most recent photos not the ones before. I do have Icloud (however I am not sure how it works!) and I noticed on the photos that have not been uploaded when I look at it there it is low res and I a timer on the bottom it takes a few minutes for it to upload to full res. THe question is how do I get those photos onto my Mac..? thank you! Kelly
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step Kelly, can you hold the home and power button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Then let the phone restart, connect it and tell me if it now uploads the remaining photos to iPhoto.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, no it doesn't upload them I just tried. Still says all photos have been uploaded.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then iPhotos database is likely corrupted.
Quit iPhoto if it is open.
Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
Open iPhoto.
Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to use.
Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process.
Once done, restart the mac and then try to import the photos into iPhoto.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I have done this twice and chose 2 different rebuild options and restarted my MAC and attached iPhone but it still says all photos have already been imported. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Take a new photo now.
Does this then get uploaded?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it comes up as 1 new photo. It's just the ones I've taken from Jan - mid June. When j look at those photos that have not uploaded from my phone they have a timer on it and it takes a few seconds for it to load up with clear clarity.. So not sure why they don't get picked up from my computer. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, looks like these ones are on the iCloud and thats why you have this
From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
Click the iCloud icon. Then, select the checkbox for Photos (or Photo Stream).
Click the Options button and make sure that My Photo Stream is enabled.
Open the app that you want to use with Photo Stream and make sure that My Photo Stream is turned on in that app.
To do that in iPhoto
Open iPhoto and select Photo Stream in the Source list.
Click Turn On Photo Stream
Then you can access the photos.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have ICloud on my list so I think it's because my software isn't updated. I'm updating it now and will see if iCloud icon appears in my system preferences. Will let u know
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Kelly, the issue is the photos are on the iCloud hence why it wont synch.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, there are no updates on my Mac but iCloud is still not showing, I think it's because I have MAC OS X 10.6.8 2.4 GHz Intel core 2 duo.. I have mobile me?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then its too old to get it in iPhoto.
If you go to www.icloud.com
Can you see the photos there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I can.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you see the option there to download them to your computer as then you can send them to iPhoto from there
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.