Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My Amazon Paperwhite Kindle will not accept any charging either

Customer Question

My Amazon Paperwhite Kindle will not accept any charging either through the cable to the power supply or via the USB with my pc. The charging light stays orange and will not turn green even after 5 hours. Aftre trying to charge, when you switch on the "on" light it glows green for 2/3 seconds then goes off. The screen image cannot be moved from a series of thin white lines at right angles across the usual screen.
I have 5 unread books on the device which i want to be able to read. What can you do for me?
Mike Isted
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
This is could be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> Then check. If it does not work you can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle repaired or replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.
Your Kindle e-reader is covered by a One-Year Limited Warranty.(within the UK): 0800(###) ###-####
Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is still not working although the screen is getting clearer every time I do the above. How can I get the kindle "repaired" if I cannot make this work? Is there a location to send the Kindle to if the firmware is still not working properly?

Mike

If your Kindle is still under Amazon warranty (1-year warranty) you will receive a new Kindle for free.If your Kindle is out of warranty, if the cost to repair is too much then Amazon will recommend and sell you a refurbished kindle which is a good value, sometimes Amazon does often replace Kindles out of warranty. At least they would replace it for less than the cost of repairing.Call for repair info at 0800(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - I will contact Amazon using the number you have given. The Kindle is out of warranty.

Mike

sounds good, they will give you your best option on repair or replacement.