Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have a hotmail E.Mail account,***@******.***. Some of

I have a hotmail E.Mail account,***@******.***. Some of my messages are appearing in my "Deleted" Box without appearing in my "INBOX" first. Sometimes I don't get E.mails sent to me at all. Cn you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your Hotmail issues. This symptoms that yuo are experiencing with your Hotmail could be a sign that it is compromised, or hacked and the hacker made a filter to move the emails to Deleted folder instead of the Inbox.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem and secure your account while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Some times the E.Mails sent do not appear at all either in Inbox or Deleted or Junk

Not happy about paying any more money.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your Hotmail issues. I respect your decision regarding remote access. It is an option though so that I can do all the necessary steps to secure and cleanup your computer while you watch. That is why it has an extra fee but the fee is a flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to work on your computer remotely. If you change your mind, just let me know.

Now, have you tried to change your Hotmail password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have recently changed my Hotmail Password.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
John,

It is good to know that you recently changed the password. It is one way to secure the account.

Now, regarding this problem about misplaced emails to the Deleted folder, please do these:

1. In your Hotmail page, click on the small gear icon at the top right corner of the page.
2. Click Options
3. Under Customizing Outlook group, click on Rules for sorting new messages
4. If you see rules there that send emails to Deleted folder, please delete them.
5. If there are rules there that you did not create yourself, maybe a hacker did it, so please delete them as well.

That shall fix the issues with your emails being sent to the deleted folder.

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do, but does not solve the problem of the messages that do not arrive at all

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
John,

If the email did not arrive, then the problem "could be" from the sender's end, not from your Hotmail. They could have entered your email address incorrectly. Please communicate with them or call them and ask them if they got a Failure Delivery Notification (FDN).

However, if they can confirm that they did not get any FDN, then you need to check if there is a FORWARDING rule set in your account. In Hotmail or Outlook.com, there is an option to DELETE or DO NOT LEAVE the forwarded emails.

2. Click Options
3. Under Managing your Account group, click on Email forwarding
4. There please check if the emails are being forwarded to an unknown email. Click the option Don't Forward
5. Click Save button

When your emails are being forwarded, there is an option to "Keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Outlook.com/Hotmail inbox.". If that option is UNCHECKED, then the emails will be removed after being forwarded and they will ot be seen in the Deleted folder.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot open hotmail page

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean? Are you now unable to login to your Hotmail account using your browser?

If you have other browsers there like Chrome or Firefox use any of them and go to http://hotmail.com and then try the procedures I gave you.

Keep me posted.
Jess