Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have got a Novatech 8050 laptop running windows XP that

Hi I have got a Novatech 8050 laptop running windows XP that i bought second hand from ebay all it does when you switch it on is restart over and over again. I have no boot disks at all
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you start the laptop you should see an option to press a key for setup.
Check for this and tell me which key it says please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i do its FT

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, as the computer is starting keep tapping that key and it will then enter the bios.
Go to Boot Order and set the CD\DVD drive as first in the list.
Save this, then put the windows 7 disk in
Restart the laptop, keep tapping any key and the windows 7 disk should then start the installation.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ill try that now but does this mean anything to you i did try safe mode and no luck

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes David, thats a serious memory problem, one of the most serious.
This means either the RAM, Hard Disk or Motherboard is faulty, its nothing related to software.
You would need to swap out each component and test if it is working in order to diagnose which part has faulted.
As you just purchase this, I would strongly advise to contact the seller and request a refund as you have been sold a faulty laptop. Trying to fix this yourself would incur more cost the the worth of the Laptop which is why I advise to go for the refund from the seller.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi again i did what you said and i get this and then after a few minutes it then goes back to boot options

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, thats it looking at the Disk again, but its going to error and stall.
The memory problem is what you have, the symptoms of restarting, plus the error we just received confirms this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so i need new memory in it then

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, that is not confirmed.
I think you missed my message to you about what the problem is, no problem David, I will repeat it again below.
It is a serious memory problem, one of the most serious issues with a computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok ill have a look and get back to you in a few mins

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
How did you go David?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok but still no difference does this mean anything

unmountable boot volume
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes David, it further confirms what I have told you, and is either the motherboard, hard drive or memory that is at fault.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi i have tried having a look at the memory and hardrive but upon doing it it looks ok but now when i start up the laptop the start up flickers just a little bit and it has changed the language and when i fo in the the bios settings some of it is missing/unreadable

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You wont see if the hard drive is faulty or the memory by just looking at it, you need to test it in another computer. If they both function in another computer then you know its the motherboard that has failed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but now when i start up the laptop the start up flickers just a little bit and it has changed the language on its own from english to a different one and when i go in the the bios settings some of it is missing/unreadable

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Then it points to the motherboard as the issue, but until you confirm this by test the components you cannot confirm this.
It can still be the hard drive causing issues on the motherboard.
A side not David, we have been going over the same messages for some time now, as I indicated what the faulting components may be, and what you need to do to confirm this. I don't think its effective to keep repeating this over and over as we are, so ask what it is your actually now asking please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i am sorry how do i change the language back to english and i have ordered a new hardrive yesterday

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why you would order a hard drive before confirming the problem.
The computer cannot change languages though for the bios, so appears the bios has failed in the motherboard.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok can i say thank you for your kind help and i would use you again Thank you just a quick question were do i find if i can read it what bios and version i am using Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you David
When you start the computer it will tell you this, usually either award or phoenix.
Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the rating.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i just took out a memory module and everything is in English now but it still restarts over and over again like before

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is either the RAM, Hard Disk or Motherboard is faulty, its nothing related to software.
You would need to swap out each component and test in another computer if it is working in order to diagnose which part has faulted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi again not sure but i think the cd drive is not working as when i put a disk in it tries to read it but it makes some noises like clicking or sticking

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its all part of the original problem I told you David.
You have not even rated me for anything (and I feel you do not wish to) and have required me only for days now to keep repeating the same answer... I don't feel this is right.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry