Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Yoga 10.1 Model 60046. When I turn it on it seems

I have a Yoga 10.1 Model 60046. When I turn it on it seems to boot and Lenovo comes up on the screen That is as far as it gets. I have taken it to my local computer shop who looked at the internet and he carried out the checks that came up. still the machine wouldn't work. He said it looks like a faulty chip. where is my nearest lenovo specialist to Gosport in Hampshire. Is it worth getting it repaired and buying another. what is the likely cost.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Its not a faulty chip but a faulting mainboard that will need replacement.
This is a bit of a cheaper unit, and as the maotherboard is one of the main components of the device, having it replaced with a limited warranty which is all they will provide, is not going to be work the costs of a replacement unit.
If you still want to get it repaired though, you do this at any computer store and the one closes to you us is Lyjoto
5 Ellachie Gardens
Alverstoke, Gosport Hampshire PO12 2DS
But I really would advise to avoid this for this problem and have it replaced as the cost will be around 300 pounds.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not what I wanted to hear but nevertheless a new unit looks like the answer. you say my tablet is a cheaper unit so what is a better Yoga. Do lenovo sell reconditioned tablets? If so how do I contact them as the web sight is a nightmare

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
They dont sell them directly, and I avoid dealing with them.
What is it you want to do with the Tablet, and whats your budget?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can see no point in spending £300 + on a repair. My budget is around £200

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes I agree as well
Get one from Ebay, they are refurbished and very well priced Charles and you can see the list here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/lenovo-tablet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What would be the best Yoga to go for. I take it some are better than others

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yoga 10.1 is still the best Charles, you just had bad luck with this one, but on general they are very good.