Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Kindle only bought on the 11th june 2014 , went totally dead

kindle only bought on the 11th june 2014 , went totally dead on me. it was fully charged. what is wrong with it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no luck

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you test with a different charger the same way please? This will allow us to rule out the charger failing. Some cell phones and tablets use the same type of charger.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no nothing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Which model Kindle is it? If your not sure give me the tiny model number on the back. Have you ever replaced the battery? Does the charger port on the Kindle feel loose?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Currys store inverness, checked charger port and it is not loose. number guo45rw. never changed the battery either.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok from what you are describing we can rule out the charger, and the port would be loose if it was the cause. That normally means the battery needs to be replaced. You can get a replacement battery here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-for-Amazon-Kindle-Fire-HDX-7-C9R6Q-SUNWODA-S12-T1-58-000043-S12-T1-S-/131399389931?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

This shows how to replace it:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Kindle+Fire+HDX+7-Inch+Battery+Replacement/32690

There is a small chance this will not work which means you have a failed board inside the Kindle. Due to that you may want to instead call Amazon at: 0800(###) ###-####/em> Even though you are not under warranty they sometimes take the old ones and give a discount on a replacement model when something like this happens if you ask.

Nothing you bought will be lost it is saved to your Amazon account rather than the device itself. So if you do decide to replace the Kindle you can re-download everything again once you log into your account on the new one. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clicked onto battery website they do not send to united kingdom, so it looks like I will have to ring this number. thanks for trying to help I

am a bit shocked as the kindle is slightly over the warranty. Never had any problems with other appliances . I would like another one sent out as did not expect this to happen.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You would need to call that number and ask them about that. I would not be able to do anything about that. . If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.
.