Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Have received an e-mailfrom sky asking -- from accounts dept

have received an e-mailfrom sky asking -- from accounts dept . my account needs to be updated to new e-mail version 2015 in order to avoid account being suspended . Is this a genuine e-mail from Sky? Thank you .
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. No, it is a scam. Please do not respond to that email message and please delete that email message. That is certainly a fraudulent email message. No legitimate company would ever ask for your sensitive information via an email message. A scammer usually use the logo/name of a company in order to make the email message looks legitimate, but it is not. The hackers/scammers send fake email messages in order to get your personal information to do frauds. Please never click on any link/attachment in any email message that you do not know or you are not expecting.

Do you have any further question? Please reply back. Thank you.