IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have a laptop running windows 7 and a soundbar SC-HTB485

I have a laptop running windows 7 and a soundbar SC-HTB485 but I cannot get them to pair together with Bluetooth, are they compatible?
My laptop just cannot find the soundbar when I search for devices
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Panasonic SC-HTB485 Soundbar is Bluetooth-compatible. To connect it to your laptop using the Bluetooth connection, you will need to enter the Bluetooth pairing mode on SC-HTB485 so that your laptop can discover the Soundbar and connect to it.

So, please locate the Bluetooth button on the Soundbar and press it once. That should enable Bluetooth. Now scan for Bluetooth devices on your laptop using the "Add a Bluetooth device" menu. If the Soundbar is not listed, then press and hold down the Bluetooth button on the Soundbar for 10 seconds, and then scan again.

The Soundbar should now appear on the list of found Bluetooth devices. Click on it and the Windows will add it. In case you are asked to type the pairing code, type 0000

That should be it.

Let me know if you encounter problems, so that I can further assist you.

Regards,
IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

Let me know if you were able to pair your SC-HTB485 Soundbar with the laptop.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks that has worked now, don't know where I went wrongEmbarassed

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I am very glad it worked! Smile

You probably needed to press and hold down the Bluetooth button to initiate the pairing mode. It works the same for any other Bluetooth-enabled device that you want to connect to for the first time.

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,
IT Miro