Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a problem with my password

I have a problem with my password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please for which service this password ***** *****?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For my Kiindle
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is this the password ***** unlock the screen on the Kindle? Or for when you wish to purchase a book?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the password ***** unlock the Kindle
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You will then need to reset the Kindle, its the only way to remove the lock.
The factory password ***** enter depends on which model Kindle you have.
Use the password###-##-####and once entered it should reset it. If not, then you have a Kindle Fire or similar model and in this case enter the password
resetmykindle
and use this as the password ***** initiate the reset. Once it has been reset, you then register the Kindle again and you can again access your books.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried both the passwords you suggest without success. What should I try now? Also the Kindle is coming up with Hint: House and this means nothing to me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is then not to unlock the screen as one of these would have worked, so I believe its the Amazon password ***** are referring to.
Can you reset this here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/forgot-password/email.html
Then use this new password ***** sign into the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried this also and reset a new password ***** still no joy! Just to recap I was reading a book on my Kindle and had to answer the phone when I came back to my Kindle a few minutes later it was in sleep mode. I then reinterred my password ***** it would not accept it! Please advise.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the first instructions I gave then should have worked.
This may be an issue with the Firmware, so I would you to do this
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done what you suggested and it's now asking for my password. I've entered the new password ***** set with Amazon a few moments ago and I still cannot access my Kindle. Should I now try your first suggestion for unlocking with the passwords you gave me? Mine is just a basic Kindle.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes please, if its just the basic Kindle it should be###-##-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
I wish I could say it has worked but it hasn't! It just keeps coming up with the screen asking for my password. The old password ***** ***** working nor the new one.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Enter your old Amazon one, or then try resetmykindle as the password.
Make sure then to actually try to sign in with the passwords, not just enter them and wait.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Giving up i've done all you've suggested and nothing seems to be working.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, its the memory in the Kindle that has faulted, thats the only remaining cause for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry