Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

No wi-fi icon on my kindle

Customer Question

no wi-fi icon on my kindle
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Do you have other devices in your home that are able to connect to wifi? I just want to make sure the problem is only with the kindle and not anything else. Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the only disruption is on the kindles
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** a kindle fire or another type of kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they are both kindle fire
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
So you have 2 that are unable to connect to wifi? Are you saying the option to connect to wifi is not there OR you are unable to connect to the wifi?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
up until yesterday all connections were correct and fully working but no auththentication keeps on failing
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Are you positive you know the password ***** connecting to the wifi and are typing it correctly? Try the following things, for now just try on one kindle then we will move on. It does sound though that the kindle is trying to use the wrong password.Hold the power switch for twenty seconds. You will need to slide the power switch along and hold it for twenty seconds before releasing it. ...Your reboot screen should appear when you release the power switch.Give your device time to reboot for a minute or two.Turn the Kindle Fire HD back on.After the kindle has rebooted see if it automatically connects to the wifi. If it does not then do the following.Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.Next to Wi-Fi, tap On. If it is already set to on switch to Off and then switch back to on and choose your wireless network when shown the option to connect.Give the above a try and let me know and none of that works.Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no wi-fi icon in top right hand corner
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Did you confirm that wifi is turned on and airplane mode is turned off? For now don't worry about the top right. Try connecting like this:Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.Tap a network to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has now connected thankyou
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.Thanks,Chris