Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Recorded programme will not play

Recorded programme will not play
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

By "recorded programme", are you referring to a TV or movie program that you recorded in your computer or other device? What exactly is the recording device that you used to record the program?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Programme recorded was Odyssey on Sunday evening 12/7/15

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi David,

Thank you for writing back with that information. So it is a movie. Now, did you use your computer to record the movie? Or did you use another device?

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO Reorded on PVR-9150T LINKED TO TV

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi David,

Thank you for that clarification. Your question was listed under the computer category so I thought you were recording using a computer.

I will send your question to the right category and let me opt out so that other Humax Recording Device experts can help you further with this.

You will be notified once an expert joins you.

Jess
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What happens when you try to play the recording back? And are other recordings working correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not satisfied. Problem not solved

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wish to work with you to solve this, but need to know answers to the question I just asked please. I will repeat the question again.
Can you please let me know this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, the screen freezes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, but I also need to know please, are other recordings working correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

None of the other recoded programmes work. I have tried switching the appliance off for a few minutes and then back on. The result is the same

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
A few minutes is too short to drain all residue power that can cause this.
Can you remove the power to it (so unplug it from the power plug) and let it sit for 10 minutes, then connect it back to the power supply and turn it on and tell me please if the recorded programs now play please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, Did as you asked but it did not solve the problem

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** then need to clear the hard disk to remove any corruption on it. This will result in you losing your recorded programs, but this we cannot avoid.
to do this, please do the following
Press the MENU button.
Select Record using the S/T button and press the OK or X
button.
Select HDD Control using the S/T button and press the OK or
X button.
Select Format and press the OK button to remove all the
recorded programmes saved on the HDD and initialise the
HDD.
Select Yes when the format confirmation message appears
when completed, record a program for a test and tell me if you can then play the program back please.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, Yes it worked at last! Many thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome.
The hard drive was corrupted, so we needed to wipe it and allow it to be configured again which we have now done.
It will be ok now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.